Lazy days call for pasta. In this case I used a super-easy-to-make spinach sauce that everyone loves. There are many things that I could’ve added to this to make it taste more like pesto. But in a rush or when I’m just starving for something to fill me up, I just rather keep it simple.
Ingredients (for 3-4)
- 1 package of (vegan) penne
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (more or less)
- Spices: salt and black pepper to taste.
- Optional: nutritional yeast and almonds.
- In a high speed blender add the spinach, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until making a sauce.
- Cook the penne as per the package’s instruction. Once they are ‘al dente’ remove from the stove (leaving it on) and drain placing in a strainer.
- Add the blended sauce into the still hot pasta pot and heat up for about 1 minute. Add the nutritional yeast and mix for an extra minute.
- Return the penne into the pot, now with the heating sauce, and mix well until all the penne are covered and ‘dyed’ with the sauce. Remove from the stove.
- Plating: serve while hot with some sliced almonds on top.