After spring break I’ve been really busy with work, hence the absence of posts. I could not let another week go by without posting anything so I went with something quick and easy. Given that a lot of people seemed to like The Pasta Trilogy, I decided to go with another pasta recipe. This is a very simple traditional pesto, made vegan by replacing the Pecorino cheese with nutritional yeast.
Ingredients (for 3-4)
- 1 package of (vegan) white spaghetti.
- 1 cup fresh basil.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- ¼ cup pine nuts.
- ½ cup olive oil.
- ½ cup nutritional yeast.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a high speed blender add the basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil and nutritional yeast. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Blend until making a pesto sauce.
- Cook the white spaghetti as per the package’s instructions. Once they are ‘al dente’ remove from the stove and drain placing on a strainer.
- Return the spaghetti into the pot, add the pesto sauce and mix well until all the spaghetti is covered by pesto.
- Plating: serve while hot and garnish with some fresh basil leaves on top.